March 6, 2011

Letters to Little Sheen

So I've seen other people post cute letters to their future or current baby. Kinda cheesy, but super cute. I love the idea of printing these letters and letting Little Sheen read them some day. So, sorry if you're not interested in reading them. This is one of those personal, journal replacing, for me kind of posts...

Dec. 25, 2010
Two days early, but thought a "positive" could be a fun Christmas present for your daddy and me. Took a test, it was negative.
Dec. 29, 2010
Two days late, so I took a test again. When I saw a faint positive line show up almost immediately, I started getting jittery with excitement. I waited the full 3 minutes, and sure enough it was positive! Daddy was playing Starcraft 2 (you'll soon be well acquainted with this game) with Corey and Eric, so I couldn't make a big scene. I walked in and whispered to your dad "I need to talk to you when your game is over". A few minutes later, he came downstairs and the first thing he said was "You're pregnant". I was completely shocked that he guessed it! I made him come upstairs and look at the test to make sure I wasn't being crazy and just seeing a positive because I wanted it to be positive. He agreed, it was positive. :) He gave me a hug and we celebrated quietly in our closet.
Jan. 12
About 6 weeks along now! Our first appointment is on Jan. 31 at 2:30. I'll be 9 weeks along and we decided we'll tell close friends and family at that point. We'll get to see you on the ultrasound then! It's so hard not to tell people about you sometimes. So things are going well. You are growing every day and with your growing and my hormone fluctuations, my body is going through some changes too. The symptoms I've been feeling the last few weeks are mainly dizziness, tiredness - I need a nap on most days, I never used to take naps, forgetfulness/airheadedness (ex: put peanut butter in the fridge and jelly in the pantry), occasional stomach aches, and some seriously sore boobs :) . Your daddy and I are very excited for you to be here, you come up pretty often in our conversations.
Feb. 6
9 and a half weeks! So we told our families yesterday. First we told your great grandma Wilkins and your  Grandpa (my dad) the good news. They were both very excited, Grandpa even teared up a little. Then we went and visited your aunts Alexis and Amber, uncle Royce and soon to be aunt Sophia, and great grandma Herbert, (your Grandma - my mom - already knew). Of course, they were all excited also! Royce is hoping you're a boy. A little while later we went to the Sheens. Mark's aunt Mara made dinner for everyone, so we're all sitting at the table - me and your dad, your Grandma and Grandpa Sheen (your dad's parents), Uncle Nick, Aunt Kristen, Chris, and Mara (Greg couldn't make it). The prayer was said, then everyone began talking and passing the food, all of the sudden your daddy says "April's pregnant!". Everyone froze and stared at us waiting to find out if he was joking or not. It was pretty funny. When they realized he was being serious, they were all very excited. I know I've said the word "excited" 3 times now, but it's true, your family is anxiously awaiting your arrival and can't wait to meet you!

1 comment:

Lyndsay said...

Aww, so happy for you guys! Congrats again! :)